Stacey (Sela Ward) in the HOUSE episode "Need to Know"
airing Tuesday, Feb. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2005 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Isabella Vosmikova/FOX.
- February 7, 2006
- Writer / Director
- Pamela Davis / David Semel
- The patient
- Margo Dalton, a very busy mother on fertility treatments, develops uncontrolled movement: jerks of her limbs.
- How House gets involved
- He just accepts the case (maybe to get away from Wilson's questions).
- The mis-diagnoses
- Foreman thinks it is Huntington's Disease. When the patient is discovered to have been taking Ritalin, House discharges her and as she walks out of the hospital, she has a stroke. But they don't know what caused the clot that caused the stroke. Later they track down a bleed to a vascular tumor in her liver (which the patient choses to undergo surgery for even though House tells her that the tumor will go away if she just stops taking birth control pills).
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- Cameron and Foreman invade the patient's house and car where they find Ritalin.
- The final diagnosis
- Though Margo is undergoing fertility treatments, she is also on birth control pills (the treatments are to convince her husband she wants a bqby, but she really doesn't). The birth control pills have led to her stroke and liver tumor. Between the pills and the treatments, Margo's estrogen level caused the movement disorders, blood clots and liver problems.
- The clinic patient(s)
- Notable incidents
- House sleeps with Stacy but when she hesitates to leave Mark, he pushes her away.
- Additional information on this episode:
- Quotes (Quotations, Dialogue) from the episode:
- Cuddy as she and Wilson see House entering the hospital after his trip to Baltimore with Stacy: "He's actually on time."
Wilson: "He's six minutes early."
Cuddy: "Something's happened."
Wilson: "I'm on it."
House: "Morning, Jimmy. Anybody die while I was gone?"
Wilson: "Did -- did you iron your shirt?"
House: "Thought about shaving. Couldn't find a razor."
Wilson: "What the hell happened in Baltimore?"
House: "Sorry, chief. Never kiss and tell."
Wilson: "I think you just did."
Wilson: "...there's no such thing as "just a kiss."
House: "Did you iron *your* shirt? Everybody's flash today.
Wilson: "Has she left Mark? Is she going to?
House: " I think I can hear cancer kids calling."
Wilson: "Are you planning on asking her to leave Mark?"
House: "Not sure. Cameron keeps my calendar."
Wilson: "Hey. This is a big deal. This is an affair. Have you even talked to Stacy about what the hell this means?"
House: "Didn't have a lot of time for talking. If you know what I mean."
Wilson: "Great. Breaking up a marriage. Fertile ground for high comedy. We need to talk about this."
- Later Wilson goes to Stacy's office: "What the hell did you do? Were you just cold and lonely?"
Stacy: "'Course he told you, he's an 8-year-old boy."
Wilson: "Hey, you're the one who kissed him."
Stacy: "Why are you so worked up over this?"
Wilson: "Because you're married."
Stacy: "Not to you. This is none of your business."
Wilson: "The last time you left, I was the one stuck picking up the pieces."
Stacy: "Oh right. He cried himself to sleep every night. That so sounds like him."
Wilson: "He's been pining for five years!"
Stacy: "You're being dramatic."
Wilson: "No. Actually, I'm underplaying. This is me being restrained."
Stacy: "It was one kiss."
Wilson: "Are you being intentionally thick? This was not just a one-night stand. You can't toy with him."
Stacy: "I'm not. He's probably toying with me.... I don't know what I'm doing."
Wilson: "Oh, boy.
- House knocking on the door to Wilson's office:" I know you're in there. I can hear you caring." [After getting no response, House goes around to a side door to enter from the balcony] "The door was locked."
Wilson, barely looking up while rolling a joint: "Means I didn't want to see anyone."
House, noting what Wilson is doing: "High school reunion?"
Wilson: "It's for a patient. She can't roll. Now lock that door, too."
House: "Paranoia. Must be the good stuff. Times like these I wish I had cancer. So what did she say?"
Wilson: "That depends. What did you do, and who are we talking about?"
House: "We both know that as soon as we talked you ran to Stacy so you could gossip and giggle. I need to know what she said."
Wilson: "I have a crazy idea: why don't you go talk to her?"
House: "Because my bestest buddy says that could lead to trouble."
Wilson: "She sounds confused, but I dont' think she is. I think she's waiting for you to do something to show her you're serious."
House: "Wow. It's a big jump from infidelity is
morally wrong to 'do her'."
Wilson: "I didn't say 'do her'. I said do something."
House: "What exactly did she say?"
Wilson: "She didn't say it was a mistake."
House: "She's not gonna leave Mark in the middle of his rehab. Too much guilt."
Wilson: "She left you."
House: "Harsh toke, dude." (When leaving House tries to take one of the joints but Wilson notices and makes him put it back.)
- House argueing with Cuddy about a surgery House wants to cancel although the patient insists she is not taking birth control pills: "Why don't you take it up with Stacy? See which option minimizes your
Cuddy, trying to imitate Stacy and going for a Southern accent: "Here's what I think she's gonna say. Oh, I love Greg. But if you go against a patient's wishes, you're calling her a liar. And if something goes wrong, I end up in court having to defend the big mean doctor, albeit with dreamy eyes, would wouldn't believe the nice suburban mom. And even though his cane makes me melt, do the damn surgery."
- Foreman: "Confidentiality rules stop me from telling your husband the truth. But my obligation to lie ends there."
- More Quotes Available on: