(11" x 17" Poster)
- the drug House is addicted to which relieves pain and causes some euphoria.
- Medical Infarction
- what happened to the muscles in Dr. House's right leg that force him to walk with a limp and a cane.
- Intensivist - Chase's specialty ::
Nephrology - one of Dr. House's three specialties::
- http://www.answers.com/topic/nephrology :: "nephrology (nuh-frol-uh-jee)" "The science that deals with the kidneys, especially their functions or diseases."
- http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Nephrology :: "Nephrology is the branch of internal medicine dealing with the study of the function and diseases of the kidney. The word nephrology is derived from the Greek word nephros, which means 'kidney', and the suffix -ology, or 'study of'."
- http://www.allwords.com/word-nephrology.html :: "the study of the structure, function and diseases of the kidney."
- Neurocystercercosis (tapeworm in the brain):
- Forum on Starting Treatment: Neurocystercercosis:
"Neurocystercercosis refers to brain infection with the larval stage of the pork tapeworm (Taenia solium). This infection is the most common parasitic brain infection worldwide and is fairly common in rural areas in South America, sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia where there is coexistence of pigs and humans in suboptimal hygienic conditions. Infection results when humans ingest food contaminated with eggs of the pork tapeworm." — Gerald Pierone, Jr., M.D.
- Paraneoplastic Syndrome [#107], [#118]:
- New England Journal of Medicine: Paraneoplastic Syndromes Involving the Nervous System:
"The term "paraneoplastic syndromes" refers to symptoms or signs resulting from damage to organs or tissues that are remote from the site of a malignant neoplasm or its metastases. Paraneoplastic syndromes can affect most organs and tissues." — Robert B. Darnell, M.D., Ph.D., and Jerome B. Posner, M.D.
- Differential Diagnosis (mentioned in most episodes):
- MedicineNet.com — "The process of weighing the probability of one disease versus that of other diseases possibly accounting for a patient's illness. The differential diagnosis of rhinitis (a runny nose) includes allergic rhinitis (hayfever), the abuse of nasal decongestants and, of course, the common cold."
- Diphenhydramine (what House is cutting as if it is cocaine in order to try snorting it for his hay fever/allergies):
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) [#109]:
- Neoplastic Syndrome [#110]:
- vasculitis [most? episodes]:
- For more words and definitions, let us recommend
- The reviews of the episodes by a doctor who provides definitions as he uses the words: Medical Reviews of House from Polite Dissent
Quotations, etc. Copyright Heel & Toe Productions, Bad Hat Harry Productions, et al.
Pictures from the show copyright Fox Broadcasting Corporation
Questions, Comments (remember we are not related to the show): firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you are in Europe:
See The New York Times article about the FitBit.
MIS, Inc. for Website Hosting, Development, Design & Promotion