- See our new page on lies. and the new Blog on the subject.
- House doesn't seem to expect loyalty. If one of his doctors thinks he is doing wrong, he would expect them to try and stop him (which is what he would do if the places were reversed). When Chase betrays him to the Powers that Be, he understands Chase was doing it to save his job and so he tortures him but doesn't fire him (even though he had previously asked Chase how they could continue to work together).
- So, exactly when are these stories taking place in the real world?
- What mentions of current events are there?
- We now have artwork. A small verion of the first piece is on the right and clicking on it will take you to a larger version.
- "The Plot"
- Most episodes do have a formula (but many of the best and most popular TV shows have a formula --- think the original "Law and Order", etc. --- and many great movies have a plot that has been done before). The formula for House episodes often follows this course:
- Someone collapses or becomes ill in a dramatic way
- House is somehow persuaded to look into the case
- He and his team try a series of treatments some of which do nothing and some of which make the patient worse.
- When their tests and treatment have ruled out everything else, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, is the solution. As Holmes said in several stories:
- "Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth." -- The Sign of the Four
- "We must fall back upon the old axiom that when all other contingencies fail, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. -- "The Bruce-Partington Plans"
- "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -- "The Blanched Soldier"
Music during the first half of Season Two - Up until now, we have just been putting information on the pages on the episodes where the music played. But people are constantly searching for songs and music in general so we now have a page of just second season music.
We also discuss the scientific method and how the plots follow it.