House (Hugh Laurie) enjoys his new found freedom without an ankle monitor and has the team meet him at various locations outside the hospital in the "Runaways" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Also pictured: Jesse Spencer (L).
©2012 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor//FOX
7th Season DVD
- January 30, 2012 at 8 ET & PT, 7 CT & MT (New Time)
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Marqui Jackson
- Directed by
- Sanford Bookstaver
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- A HOMELESS TEENAGER RESISTS HER MOTHER’S RETURN ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE" MONDAY, JANUARY 30, ON FOX
Bridgit Mendler (“Good Luck Charlie) and Yaya DaCosta (“Ugly Betty”) Guest-Stars
The team treats an underage and homeless female patient (guest star Bridgit Mendler), but when her symptoms worsen and call for an invasive surgery requiring adult consent, House and Adams argue over whether they should contact social services. The patient confesses that she ran away from home after struggling to take care of her mother, a recovering drug addict. But when her mother appears at her bedside, a more complicated relationship is revealed and the patient’s mother must put the past aside and make the best decision for her daughter. Meanwhile, Taub has a difficult time connecting with his infant daughters and House threatens to exploit Foreman’s relationship with a married woman (guest star Yaya DaCosta) in the all-new “Runaways” episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Jan. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-810) (TV-14 D, L)
- An outside scene shows snow. Since the East Coast hasn't had much snow this year until a couple of weeks ago, it seems to be somewhere near now.
- Patient of the Week
- House has a clinic patient who starts bleeding from her ear and he has no idea why. Her name turns out to be Callie.
- How House gets involved:
- House has to do a lot of clinic hours these days and so runs into this case that he cannot diagnose and so admits her.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- About half way through the show House becomes convinced she has an intermnitted berry aneurysm but Adams disagrees and when asked by the estranged mother, she admits that she doesn't recommend the brain surgery that House is trying to convince everyone is the girl's only chance since the aneurysm could burst at any time. When Callie collapses, Adams thinks House must have been right. But no aneurysm can be found in surgery.
- The final diagnosis
- Ascariasis, a parasitic worm infection
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- House after Adams tells him that she thinks the condition might have some connection to a trip the mother and daughter had spoken about. House decides that if she went swimming in a canal, she might have picked up that parasite
- Clinic Patients
- In addition to Callie, House also deals with two brothers who are Civil War Reenactors who try for authenticity but end up dealing with the health problems of mixing that with modern polyester.
- Additional Information:
- House wanted to try skeet shooting but didn't do well. Adams seems to have done it before and uses that to win a bet he makes with her even though she didn't want to bet.
House (Hugh Laurie) meets with Foreman in the "Runaways" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Jan. 30 (8-9 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2012 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Jordin Althaus/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Odette Annable as Dr. Jessica Adams; Charlyne Yi as Dr. Chi Park
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Tracy Vilar as Nurse Regina; Vincent Spano as Tommy; Amanda Foreman as Olivia; Yaya DaCosta as Anita; Liz Benoit as Nurse Anne; Yan Feldman as Mike; Michael McLafferty as William Anderson; Inger Tudor as Judge Foley; Blake Anderson as Ethan; Rachel Sterling as Mariel; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes: