Chase (Jesse Spencer) tries to figure out who posted a disparaging photo of him on a social-networking site in the "Carrot or Stick" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Jan. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Harper Smith/FOX
6th Season DVD
- January 24, 2011
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Liz Friedman
- Directed by
- David Straiton
- Music (at the end):
- "All His Life"
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- A DRILL SERGEANT SHOWS Tough love FOR HIS TRAINEE
on an all-new "HOUSE" MONDAY, JANUARY 24, on fox
Amber Tamblyn ("Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants") Guest-Star
A teenage military trainee at a juvenile offender training camp suffers peculiar symptoms after enduring an intense training course, and mysteriously, his drill sergeant is soon admitted for similar symptoms. Unable to track down the cause of the shared illness, the team searches for clues in the trainee¹s family medical history, and Masters (guest star Tamblyn) and House reveal a unique bond between the sergeant and trainee. Meanwhile, when an indecent photo of Chase is posted on a social-networking site following three different romantic encounters, Chase is determined to find out which girl is trying to publicly disgrace him. Also, sensing Cuddy's stress over her daughter Rachel's enrollment at a prestigious preschool, House secretly prepares Rachel for observations and reveals a soft spot for the toddler in the all-new "Carrot or Stick" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Jan. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-710) (TV-14 D, L)
- Patient of the Week
- Driscoll, an ex military drill instructor is now working at a boot camp for teens who have been sent there instead of jail. While demanding that one of the teens keep running the obstacle course, it is Driscoll who collapses with severe back pain and in the hospital he is found to have urinary retention. Later, Landon, one of the teens is admitted with the same starting symptoms.
- How House gets involved:
- House brings the case.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- The team catheterize Driscoll and that allows him to empty his bladder but they find nerve problems with the bladder. They then test fort syphilis and while Masters draws blood from the test, Driscoll attacks her. While discussing what diagnosis covers everything, Masters suggests that one of the teens has poisoned Driscoll and find out that he was given massive doses of antihistamines. The team tries to flush them out of his system but then his heart starts racing.
- The final diagnosis
- Variegate porphyria (a genetic disease) which was triggered by the antihistamines in Driscoll's case and lidocaine given to Landon, who are father and son which was unknown to Landon.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- House while treating the clinic patient.
- Clinic Patients
- A guy who fell in his organic garden and doesn't want anyone to know.
- Additional Information:
House (Hugh Laurie) accepts flowers delivered for Chase in the "Carrot or Stick" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Jan. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Harper Smith/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen/Dr. Remy Hadley; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Amber Tamblyn as Martha Masters; Kayla Colbert as Rachel Cuddy; Rylie Colbert as Rachel Cuddy; Nigel Gibbs as Sanford Wells; Sasha Roiz as Driscoll; Tyler James Williams as Landon; Kyle Fain as Macdonald; Rachel Melvin as Winn; Stella Maeve as Kenzie; Kayla Ewell as Nika; Maite Schwartz as Ali; Grace Rowe as School Director; Elizabeth Ann Roberts as Teacher; Patrick Rafferty as Trucker; Melanie Cruz as ER Doctor; Turner Dixon as Delivery Guy
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- Someone has posted a naked picture of Chase which has been Photoshoped. Chase admits he slept with three women the night of the wedding and this must have been done by one of them. Masters tells him that he is a whore but then offers advice. "Maybe you should shut down your account."
"I tried but whoever did this changed my pass word so I can't even prove it is my page."
"Well, there's a clue, she's got serious tech skills."
"My password was 'Password'."
"You're a dumb whore...."
AT this point Taub enters the conversation by telling Chase, "Listen. This has been a tough time for me: breaking up with Rachel, moving into a hotel. I want you to know how much your humiliation has eased my burden."
- House goes to Wilson's office for advice, as usual. "How do you cheat on a test when there's no test."
Wilson gets up to leave. "Sorry, not playing. Go away, House. I am not giving you advice just so you can distort it to suit your own warped world view."
"But its been working so well." House ignores his protests and follows him with an explanation. "Cuddy wants to get Rachel into Waldenwood preschool. The problem is Rachel's dumber than a paste sandwich."
Wilson is captured. "And her ot getting in bothers you. You are about Rachel." Wilson stops himself. "That was not advice."
"Cuddy cares about her. When Rachel gets rejected, Cuddy will be upset and as the boyfriend, I will be expected to be supportive and consilatory."
"Not your strengths, I grant you. Leave it alone. It's just a play date. It will be fine."
"Playdate being their code for way to weed oyt the paste sandwiches. They'll hand her puzzels and country games, and Rachel will just sit there and eat them." House pauses for a momentm stares off and then walks away.
Wilson realizes he has done just what he promised not to do and curses himself. "Crap, crap, crap! Such a sucker."
House turns around to say, "Thanks for the advice."