House (Hugh Laurie) needs Wilson's (Robert Sean Leonard) help when he babysits Cuddy's daughter in the "Unplanned Parenthood" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Oct. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
İ2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Michael Yarish/FOX
6th Seasan DVD
- October 18, 2010 (ran about a minute long for credits and previews.)
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- David Foster
- Directed by
- Greg Yaitanes
- Near the end: "Night" from Bill Callahan (track 8)
- Close by previous episode as Cuddy is still wanting House to hire a femail for the team and since Chase chose to date the doctor he suggested instead of have her join the team, House asks Foreman to choose one.
- Patient of the Week:
- Originally the patient is a new born baby girl, Kayla, who has trouble getting oxygen, but later her mother becomes a patient as well.
- How House gets involved:
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- House comes up with an elaborate scheme to convince Cuddy that one of her machines is giving ovff radiation so that he and Wilson have more time to see whether Cuddy's daughter, Rachel, swollowed a dime and what to do about it.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- The team diagnose baby Kayla with iver problems, pulmonary edema, bile duct problems lading House to think Caroliıs Syndrome. Later House suggests trying a direct transfusion from the mother. This leads the team to determine that both mother and daughter have melanoma
- The final diagnosis
- The team tetermines that both mother and daughter have melanoma and the mother also has lung cancer which is in some way treating the melanoma. The team suggests that the mother undergo surgery but she wants to wait until her daughter can use her blood to treat her own cancer. During blood tranfusions the mother has a massive pulmon embolism and dies but the team are able to harvest her blood to save the infant.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- House suggests the test that leads the team in the right direction but then leaves them on their own.
- Clinic Patients
- Cuddy's daughter isn't a clinic patient but takes the place of one in the story.
- Additional Information:
- Each team member was given a chance to hire a woman doctor to join the team. Chase comes up with a woman he would rather date than have as a collegue, House uses Foreman's choice to shoot down his ego. And Taub plays it so cowardly that his choice refuses to work with him (see quotes below). It seems from the previews that Cuddy is going to choose the new team member.
House (Hugh Laurie and Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) navigate their working relationship in the "Massage Therapy" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Oct. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
İ2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Jennifer Grey as Abbey; Gabrielle Christian as Justine; Keiko Agena as Dr. Cheng; Charlene Amoia as Dr. Fraser; Kathleen Antonia as Marina; Vanessa Waters as Dr. Taylor; Vernee Watson as Nurse Smits; Feliz Miguel Avitia as Crying Boy; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse; Kayla Colbert as Rachel Cuddy; Rylie Colbert as Rachel Cuddy
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- After telling Taub to find someone to join the team, House meets Dr, Cheng who was working with the team on the current case. Taub wants House to think that hiring her would be House's choice. In the lab running down tests, Taub later asks Cheng what House said when he and Cheng were alone. Cheng tells Taub "He... said he was okay with hiring me but that was your decision."
"He's just saying that to set me up."
"So, you're not ofering me the job?"
"If he wants me to offer you the job, something's going on."
Cheng nods a little and then says, "That was my thinking, too. It's not Lupis."
"Things with House are never as simple as they seem. Trust me, he's got an ulterior motive and I've got to figure it out before I do anything."
- Finally Taub gets up the courage to ask Dr.Cheng to join the team but she says, "It's funny. I wanted to work on House's team, until I started working with his team."
"I know Chae and Foreman can get a little---"
"Actually is you. I get that House is an ass but at least he owns it."
"You don't understand. The whole thing was just a game to House. Ididn't have a choice."
"You're a grown man, Dr.Taub. You can make whatever choices you want and instead of hiring me when he said you could, you chose to act like a paranoid, scared little kid. I hate kids."