Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) addresses the hospital staff in the HOUSE episode "5 to 9" airing Monday, Feb. 8 (8-9 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Mike Yarish/FOX
- February 8, 2010
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Thomas L. Moran
- Directed by
- Andrew Bernstein
- Patient of the Week:
- There is a patient but we don't see him. What we see is Cuddy having a very bad day among her usual bad days. She discovers a pharmacy tech has stolen drugs, she gives an insurance rep a final offer and he tells her she is dreaming and will lose her job. The board tells her the same thing.
- How House gets involved:
- House already has a patient, what he gets involved with is Cuddy's problems: causing some and giving her ideas and help with some. Some good advice and as is normal for him, some bad suggestions initially.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- Everyone including House and the board tell Cuddy she will lose to the insurance company but she refuses to back down even though she has her own doubts. Also the pharmacy tech, Gail, that she fired threatens to make up stories about her and House being lovers and House being involved in drugs.
- The final diagnosis
- The insurance company gives in after Cuddy follows through with her threats and PR. And Cuddy records the
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Although House helped by telling her the pharmacy tech, Gail, was a sociopath, Cuddy came up with all the solutions to her problems.
- Clinic Patients
- Cuddy has a clinic patient who wants a prescription for breast milk to treat his cancer. He thinks the prescription will make the insurance pay for it. Cuddy refuses. Later House tells her, he saw the same patient and gave him a prescription.
- Additional Information:
- Cuddy's alarm goes off at 5 am and she does exercise/yoga. This time is normally before Rachel wakes up.
- If this day is at all typical, Cuddy often gets called "bitch"
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- IT'S A DAY IN THE LIFE OF DR. LISA CUDDY ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE"
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, ON FOX
Michael Weston Guest-Stars
During a day in the life of Princeton Plainsboro's Dean of Medicine, Dr. Lisa Cuddy, the inner workings of the hospital are seen through her eyes. This day proves to be especially trying as Cuddy wrestles with myriad hospital issues and staff disputes that test her perseverance and skills as an administrator, all while juggling issues in her personal life, in the all-new "5 to 9" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-614) (TV-14 D, L, S)
House (Hugh Laurie) and Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) listen to Cuddy as she addresses the hospital staff in the HOUSE episode "5 to 9" airing Monday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Mike Yarish/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen/Dr. Remy Hadley
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Michael Weston as Lucas Douglas; Tracy Vilar as Nurse Regina; Ron Perkins as Dr. Simpson; Maurice Godin as Dr. Hourani; Anthony Tyler Quinn as Eli Morgan; Celia Finkelstein as Gail; JD Jackson as Ronald; John Lacy as Dr. Dave Thomas; Patrick St. Esprit as Tannenbaum; Mark Espinoza as Stan; Nigel Gibbs as Sanford Wells, Bernardo Verdugo as Martin; Kim Estes as Hall; Jeremy Howard as Oscar; Rajni Kareer as Claudia; Liz Benoit as Nurse Anne; Kathleen Antonia as Marina Alexander
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- Cuddy has had a hectic morning when she runs into Wilson in the cafeteria line and he asks, How's it going?"
"I have three hours to save this place from bankruptcy, I just fired one of my best employees, and the woman taking care of my sick child isn't returning my calls."
"Rachel's going to be fine, I'm sure whoever he or she is they deserved it, and we're not going bankrupt. Are we?
"Don't worry, the board will fire me before they allow that to happen."
"They'd never fire you."
"I just told Atlanticnet Insurance I'd terminate them unless they gave us a 12% bump."
"They might fire you."
Cuddy is still trying to reach the person taking care of her daughter but then asks follows Wilson and asks, "What do you think I should do about AtlanticNet?"
"You're asking a guy who paid full sticker price for his last car. You ask House? He's a master manipulator who always gets what he wants."
"This situation is out of control enough already. House is the last person I want to get involved."
- AtlanticNet offers Cuddy double what they offered before but she refuses it though she has doubts and finally asks House, "What would you do? ...About the contract with AtlanticNet. I got them to come up to 8% but we should get at least 12."
"It's all numbers. Do the math. And nothing else."
"It's not about my pride. It's about the principle. They're trying to screw us over because we're small."
"That's what they're supposed to do."
"They should be pressuring other hospitals to be more like us, not trying to make us more like them. It's stupid."
"Putting your job on the line to stamp out stupidity, isn't?"
"Probably. But then I wanted to try to cure cancer by infecting a guy with malaria to win a $50 bet. You really want to be like me?"