Foreman's (Omar Epps) already difficult relationship with his brother Marcus (guest star Orlando Jones, R) becomes worse when House (Hugh Laurie gets between them in the HOUSE episode "Moving the Chains" airing Monday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Chris Haston/FOX
- February 1, 2010
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Russel Friend & Garrett Lerner
- Directed by
- David Straiton
- At the beginning: "Rocket Science" from The Teddybears (album coming?)
- Patient of the Week:
- Daryl, a 21 year old college football star, who in the middle of practice with a scout watching becomes overly aggressive towards others and then towards himself.
- How House gets involved:
- His team brings him the case.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- Chase keeps saying it is paraneoplastic syndrome but there is no evidence of cancer to cause it.
- The final diagnosis
- paraneoplastic syndrome caused by melanoma (very rare in blacks like the patient)
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Chase had been saying it was paraneoplastic syndrome but House came up with the idea of what kind of cancer it could be causing it.
- Clinic Patients
- A man who has done three deployments and has been stop lossed just when he and his wife are expecting a baby. He claiming at first that he sees spots and later he shoots himself in the foot and would lose a toe but House tells him, the military will still deploy him. So he ends of losing most of his foot.
- Additional Information:
House (Hugh Laurie) searches for information that my help diagnose his patient, a college football player, who experienced a violent episode during a game in the HOUSE episode "Moving the Chains" airing Monday, Feb. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2010 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Chris Haston/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen/Dr. Remy Hadley
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Orlando Jones as Marcus Foreman; Denise Dowse as Glenda; DačVone McDonald as Daryl; Harry Zinn as Coach Denning; Shon Little as Scout; Trevor OčBrien as Jim Dunnagan; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- House hires Marcus Foreman, Eric's brother, who just got out of prison. Eric has cut himself off from the brother whose drug addiction caused him to break every promise he ever made to his family. At first Marcus tells House a few juicy stories and then he makes up one. House is not pleased and tells him, "So, you jerked me around. Your allegience lies with your brother. I get it. Admirable. Here's the problem. I hired you to tell me the truth. If you don't do that you no longer havve a job."
"I don't know what secretm you're working to uncover but my brother is a decent guy."
"He was arrested for grand theft auto."
"You're going to be disappointed."
"He tell you I was with him?"
"Was it your idea?"
"We did everything together. I don't know whose idea it was. I was 16. He was only 14. Little punk couldn't ever see over the steering wheel. He's quicker with a flat head screwdriver than most people are with a key. We drove for about 10 minutes before we got caught and that was it. When our mom came down to the station she didn't say a word the whole ride home. She came up to the driveway, turned off the car. We;re sitting there in silence. Then without turning around she said, 'I'll pray for you.' And she got out of the car."
"Wow. You got off easy."
"Easy for you. Easy for me. Not easy for Eric. His life's mission became never to disappoint our mother like that again. Because he is a good guy. I thought he would have told that story at the euolgy but I heard he didn't give one."
"You're mother's dead?"
"If he didn't tell you, I'm sure he had a reason. Look you can mock him all you want.... But please don't bring 8p out mother."
House does later bring up their mother, though.
- Meanwhile Wilson finds House using his bath tub, which House claims helps his leg and the other bathroom in their condo doesn't seem to have a tub. Wilson orders him not to use his tub and later finds an opossum in the tub, so he assumes House put him there and goes to accuse him of it but gets sidetracked by what is happening between House, Marcus and Foreman. "Why are you jerking Foreman around?"
"Because its fun."
"Your motives always run deeper than simple fun."
"I want to learn more about one of my employees so that I can manipulate him and destroy him whenever I choose. Information is power."
"Not buying it."
"Okay, why don't you tell me my real evil plan."
"U don't think there is an evil plan. You regret not having a relationship with your own family and you don't want to see Foreman go down that same path. I think you're actually being nice."
"Oh, shut up. You can't accuse me of an opossum attack abd underhanded kindness in the same visit."
Chase and Taub then interrupt. As Wilson turns to leave, he leans over and tells them "You're boss is secretly a very nice man."
Chase has an astonished expression on his face as he watches Wilson leave, but Taub says, "I know."
- While constantly threatening to get back at House for the opossum, Wilson also pursues his contention that House is being nice. When he meets House in the cafeteria line, he asks, "Why isn't your minion fetching you lunch?"
"He's busy spying on his little brother."
Wilson chuckles. "How very demeaning."
"You obviously have a theory as to why demeaning is not demeaning."
"You're escalation to prove I was wrong about you being nice. Which you would only do if I was right."
- "" ---More to Come---