Robert Sean Leonard as Wilson in the two-hour "Swan Song/Everybody Dies" HOUSE series finale event airing Monday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2012 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Byron Cohen/FOX
7th Season DVD
- May 21, 2012 at 8 ET & PT, 7 CT & MT (Two Hours)
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- David Shore & Peter Blake & Eli Atti
- Directed by
- David Shore
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- ONE-HOUR “HOUSE” RETROSPECTIVE, PLUS THE FINAL EPISODE OF “HOUSE”
ON THE TWO-HOUR “HOUSE” SERIES FINALE EVENT
MONDAY, MAY 21, ON FOX
Series Creator and Executive Producer David Shore Directs Final HOUSE Episode
The special two-hour HOUSE Series Finale event kicks off with a one-hour retrospective special that will look back at this groundbreaking, seminal series and feature interviews with the series’ stars and producers, special original content and other surprises. Then, in the emotional series finale, directed by series creator and executive producer David Shore, treating a drug addict patient (guest star James LeGros, “Mildred Pierce”) results in House examining his life, his future and his own personal demons in the all-new two-hour “Swan Song/Everybody Dies” HOUSE series finale event airing Monday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-822A/B) (TV-14, D, L, V)
- Patient of the Week
- A heroin addict who would prefer to die on heroin than live without it.
- How House gets involved:
- The addict comes in wanting House to write him a prescription for pain but House sees through his charade but also sees something else
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- House gets Foreman to lie for him, asks Wilson to use his remaining months taking the fall for House's prank which is going to send him to jail. House switches identities for a corpse. House seems to have bought and taken heroin and he seems to have suicidal inclinations for no good reason that even he can come up with.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- The most striking false diagnosis is that the patient is dying form ALS. House then realizes that isn't true.
- The final diagnosis
- A reaction to something the patient had inhaled that needed to be removed.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- Clinic Patients
- The junkie.
- Additional Information:
- Editor's Note: They almost lost me for a few minutes but it turned out to be a great ending to "House" and House. And showing the day after the last installment of the second series of "Sherlock", it shows up again the parallels with Sherlock Holmes, who also faked his own death. House's particular variation is that he takes Wilson (his Watson) with him on his travels after his "death".
- Chase takes over House's position as head of the diagnosis department at Princeton Plainsview.
- Cameron is happy to remember the group and now has a baby and a husband
- Park and Adams are working for Chase in their old jobs.
- House left a tip-off for Foreman.
- The ending shows House and Wilson riding motorcycles on a trip to experience...
House (Hugh Laurie, L) has some news for Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard, R) in the two-hour "Swan Song/Everybody Dies" HOUSE series finale event airing Monday, May 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Byron Cohen/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Odette Annable as Dr. Jessica Adams; Charlyne Yi as Dr. Chi Park
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Karolina Wydra as Dominika Patrova; Riley Lennon Nice as Lue; Samantha Cutaran as Lida; George Kee Cheung as Xang; Ginette Rhodes as Nurse Rebecca; Peyton McDavitt as ICU Nurse; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
Returning characters (who we haven't seen in at least months) in order of appearance
- Dr. Lawrence Kutner (Kal Penn)
- Amber Volakis (Anne Dudek)
- Stacy (Sela Ward)
- Dr. Allison Cameron (Jennifer Morrison)
- House's former psychitrist, Dr. Nolan (Andre Braugher)
- House's mother (Diane Baker)
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes: