House (Hugh Laurie, L) listens as Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard, R) has some important news for him in the "Body and Soul" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2012 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
7th Season DVD
- April 23, 2012 at 9 ET & PT, 8 CT & MT
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Dustin Paddock
- Directed by
- Stephen Schwartz
- "Black Moon" from Wilco
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- THE TEAM ANALYZES THE SIGNIFICANCE OF DREAMS
ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE"
MONDAY, APRIL 23, ON FOX
House and the team take on the case of a young boy who has violent dreams of being choked, and then wakes up but still can’t take in air. Meanwhile, Park is having intimate dreams involving co-workers, which causes the team to question whether or not there’s significance to what each of them dreams, and Dominika discovers a secret that could ruin her relationship with House in the all-new “Body & Soul” episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-818) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)
- Patient of the Week
- Lue, an eight year old Hmong boy, dreams of being choked by a demon like creature. Even after he wakes up, however, he still can't breathe.
- How House gets involved:
- House pays attention to sudden nocturnal unexpected death syndrome, which is more commonly seen in Hmong immigrants. He seems to even speak the language
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- The final diagnosis
- PDA (patent ductus arteriosis) or demons that steal the soul.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- House suggests PDA but none of the team believe him. But when nothing else works Adam treats for it with ibuprofen while the exorcism is going on.
- Clinic Patients
- Wilson is examining a woman who is half naked when House just walks into the clinic treatment room.
- Additional Information:
- Park and Chase have sexual dreams of each other.
- Wilson has cancer.
- House tries to take advantage of his wife by not telling her she got her green card and so didn't have to stay. So, she leaves him.
House (Hugh Laurie) takes a personal moment in the "Body and Soul" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, April 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Odette Annable as Dr. Jessica Adams; Charlyne Yi as Dr. Chi Park
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Karolina Wydra as Dominika Patrova; Riley Lennon Nice as Lue; Samantha Cutaran as Lida; George Kee Cheung as Xang; Ginette Rhodes as Nurse Rebecca; Peyton McDavitt as ICU Nurse; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- House walks into Wilson's office at the end and ignores him to talk about himself. "Adams defied me. There's one more zealit in the world. And Dominika moved out. She was fun. She was hot. And she fixed my blender. That was not a metaphor. You know any fake divorce lawyers? I'm surprisingly depressed by this."
Wilson is quiet for a moment and then tells House, "I have cancer."
House doesn't believe him, in complete denial. "You were a little short with me the other day. You do need an excuse. Cancer may be overplaying it."
"Stage 2 Thymona." Now House believes. Wilson goes on slowly with the facts. "I didn't want to tell you until I had it confirm. I got the tests back this morning. I have cancer, House."