Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) worries about House in the "After Hours" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, May 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Jordin Althaus/FOX
6th Season DVD
- May 16, 2011 (ran a minute into next hour)
- Download this episode a day or so after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Seth Hoffman & Russel Friend & Garrett Lerner
- Directed by
- Miguel Sapochnik
- While House is trying to operate on himself: (we will find out about this as soon as possible): Is it My Morning Jacket's "Victory Dance" from their new album "Circuital"?
- Near the end: "Flume" by Bon Iver
- From Fox Broadcasting Company:
- THIRTEEN HELPS A FRIEND IN NEED
ON AN ALL-NEW "HOUSE"
MONDAY, MAY 16, ON FOX
Thirteen's ex-con friend, Darrien (guest star Amy Landecker), arrives at Thirteen's apartment unannounced and in need of urgent medical attention. When she finds out that her friend has relapsed into drug use, Thirteen promises not to take her to the hospital where the cops could find her and instead turns to Chase in desperation. Meanwhile, House deals with devastating information, and Taub begins to come to terms with surprising news in the all-new "After Hours" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, May 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (HOU-722) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)
- Within a day or so of the last episode at the end of which, the lab rats died. Although time enough for the experimenters to find that they died of tumors.
- Patients of the Week
- Thirteen and Chase try to save a woman, Darrien, who helped Thirteen learn the ropes in prison. She has been stabbed and desperately doesn't want to go to a hospital where the police are surely looking for her. But they discover she has other things happening that they cannot figure out how they relate to the stab wound.
- House's patient is House who discovered that the rats whose experimental drug he tested on himself have died of multiple tumors.
- How House gets involved:
- When Thirteen and Chase run out of ideas trying to diagnose the other problems that Darrien has, they call House not realizing he is in the hospital himself about to go into surgery. To distract himself from the pain, he tries to figure out what to tell them to do.
- House learns that he has been taking what turns out to be a pretty good rat poison.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Thirteen and Chase could lose their license and maybe even go to jail for treating Darrien.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- When Thirteen doesn't get a blood pressure or pulse reading in Darrien's left arm, she thinks it may be an aneurysm but when she asks Chase to bring a portable ultrasound machine, they find something else that they are unsure of. Chase and Thirteen fight and Chase wins and takes Darrien to the hospital.
- The final diagnosis
- A parasite in her liver called Entamoeba. Thirteen and Chase treat this with metronidazole and Darrien wakes up from her coma.
- Who Came up with final diagnosis
- House puts Thirteen and Chase onto the right path so they could figure out what Darrien had.
- House put himself through an CT scan to find his tumors.
- Clinic Patients
- Additional Information:
Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) helps House (Hugh Laurie) after surgery in the "After Hours" episode of HOUSE airing Monday, May 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2011 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen/Dr. Remy Hadley; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Kayla Colbert as Rachel Cuddy; Rylie Colbert as Rachel Cuddy; Zena Grey as Ruby; Amy Landecker as Darrien; Brian Huskey as Dr. Riggin; Noelle Bellinghausen as Emily; Kendra Andrews as Dina; Alex MacCormick as Admitting Nurse Colleen; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- After his surgery to find the last tumor and perhaps correct anything House screwed up when operating on himself, House wakes up to find that he still has his leg and Wilson is sitting with him. Wilson tells him, "You're lucky."
"What are you doing here?"
"You hoping for someone else?"
"Hot nurse. Candy striper. Someone who doesn't speak English. Someone who doesn't speak judgmental? ...I have to pee."
"That's a good sign." Wilson hands him a bed pan but House feels he can get to the bathroom on his own and refuses even Wilson's offer to provide support. When he nearly falls, Wilson tells him, "You're an ass."
"What? For trying to walk on a freshly mangled leg? Performing surgery on myself? For thinking I could solve my emotional problems with rat medicine? If you're going to nag at least have the decency to be specific."
Wilson goes to help him walk and this time is not refused. He tells House. "Come on. Listen to me. You can't keep going on like this. Something has o change."
"Can I pee first." The two look at each other and finally House admits, "I know."