- April 13, 2009
House (Hugh Laurie) suspects ulterior motives when Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) brings a case to the team in the HOUSE episode "Saviors" airing Monday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX..
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credits: Adam Taylor/FOX
- Download this episode after broadcast
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- Eli Attie & Thomas L. Moran
- Directed by
- Matthew Penn
- The multi-talented Hugh Laurie as House plays "Georgia on My Mind" on the piano and accompanies himself on the harmonica.
- Special guest appearance:
- Anne Dudek - to show that House is "losing it".
- Several days after Kutner's death and funeral. And a week before Earth Day (April 22) which makes this right around the time it was broadcast.
- Patient of the Week:
- Doug, an environmental activist who has put himself against big polluters and thereby has exposed himself to all kinds of toxins. He collapses while on a stand off with a company and its workers.
- How House gets involved:
- Cameron brings him the case to help a doctor she owes a favor to and to avoid putting herself in a situation where Chase would propose.
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach / Rule Breaking
- Nothing of significance.
- Preliminary diagnoses:
- Patient has had a bad case of hiccups for a week and so when they need to do a lumbar puncture to test for MS, Cameron gives Doug chlorpromazine but this causes a swelling in the neck so that put him on steroids. House decides it must be cancer just because nothing else fits and wants to do total body irradiation but Taub suggests making the cancer grow with insulin-like growth factor and when Doug's heart stops, they decide to put in a defibrillator.
- The final diagnosis
- Roses! The patient is against commercially grown flowers but when he realized his wife was upset he brought her some but she had already left. The roses gave him sporotrichosis.
- Clinic Patients
- Husband who is adamate about a diagnosis and whose wife won't take House's nudges toward a reason she might have been in a hot tub as House is about to diagnose.
- Additional Information:
- House was taking a lot of Vicodin --- more than we have seen him take recently.
Taub (Peter Jacobson), Thirteen (Olivia Wilde) and Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) report to House on their patient's status in the HOUSE episode "Saviors" airing Monday, April 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2009 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Chris Haston/FOX
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen
- Additional Resources
Guest Cast: Tim Rock as Doug; Lindsey McKeon as Franni; Parisa Fakhri as Susan; Jill Remez as Sandy; Bruno Oliver as Paul; Grinnell Morris as Mine Employee #1; Paul Benz as Mine Employee #2; James McAndrew as State Trooper #1; Cory Blevins as State Troopers #2; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse AND SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE FROM Anne Dudek
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialogue, Scenes:
- Chase is confused by Cameron's behavior and when he ends up next to Cuddy, he starts to question her about House. She jumps to a conclusion and asks, "Are you interested in getting back on the team?"
"I'm interested in knowing if Cameron's interested. She's been running all the tests for House's case."
"Well, she hasn't said anything to me, but I guess the referring doctor might have asked her to keep an eye on him."
Chase takes a moment and then asks, "Do you think Cameron's in love with House?"
"That is a ridiculous question. She's in love with you."
"Are you in love with House?"
Cuddy takes a moment to parse her words. "That is an even more ridiculous question."
"Two questions, zero answers. I think I can extrapolate from that."
- Taub comes up with an idea which is just the sort House usually comes up with. That makes him go to Wilson to say, I lost my mojo."
"Have you retraced your steps? Does your cleaning lady check your pockets before---"
"I was clueless about Kutner, I was wrong about Cameron. Taub just came up with an idea I should have seen long before he did."
"No one saw anything coming with Kutner, you hardly ever see Cameron anymore and you hired Taub to come up with ideas you wouldn't have come up with...."
"I'm losing my mind."
Wilson has been eating healthy things which has been annoying House because there is no food he wants to steal off of Wilson's plate or from the lunch he stores in the refrigerator. And the case is also confusing House so he goes to talk to Wilson about it and finds Wilson at a snack machine putting in coins. He mumbles about his confusion and tells Wilson, "It's definitely not cancer, I think."
Click picture above for all House shirts
"Definitely not cancer."
Wilson is staring at the machine and House asks, "What you gonna pick?"
"I'm thinking. Is there a ticking clock?"
"You already put your money in. You never do that until you decide."
"That's very observant of you. Too bad you distracted me. Now I'm thinking I might change my mind."
As Wilson continues to look through the choices, House looks as well and says, "There's nothing healthy in that machine."
"No, there's not." Then he chooses.
"Gummy Bears," House says with disgust. "You hate gummy bears."
"People can change."
"And more importantly, I hate them."
"Oh, fine. Then I won't offer you any."
House stares at Wilson for a moment and then comes to a conclusion and says, "You manipulative bitch." Both of them smile at this revelation. "You aren't eating healthy because you want to. You're eating healthy because you know I don't want to. I've been mooching food for ten years. Now, either it suddenly started bother you this week or you're---"
Wilson finishes the sentence. "screwing with you. It needed to be done. After Amber died I withdrew. Tried to changed everything. Hoping I'd sort it out. Find some deeper truth. It was a mistake. I should have gone back to normal. To here and now because that is all we can ever really count on. Things need to get back to normal in your life. And what could be more normal than me screwing with you and you figuring it out."
House repeats what he said before. "You manipulative bitch."
- Cameron has been avoiding Chase and Chase finally got upset and ended their relationship. Finally at the end of the day she goes to him to explain. "I should never have postponed our vacation."
"I should never have planned it."
Cameron's voice breaks as she says, "I found the ring in your sock." He looks up and then away again. "I didn't want you to propose out of some sort of knee jerk reaction to what happened to Kutner."
"Well, guess you don't have to worry about that anymore."
"I'm not. I--- I don't care what happens I just want it to happen"
"Are you--- Are you proposing to me?"
I'm proposing that--- you propose to me."
"After I broke up with you. After you ruined my planned proposal. You expect me---"
"I'm not expecting. I'm hoping."
Chase just looks at her for a moment. Then he sighs. Then he walks towards her and then goes down on one knee in front of her. And she laughingly says, "Yes." And then the two of them go to tell Cuddy.