- September 23, 2008
House (Hugh Laurie, R) hires a private detective (guest star Michael Weston, L) to snoop on Wilson and his team members in the HOUSE episode "Not Cancer" airing Tuesday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2008 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Greg Gayne/NBC/FOX
- Download this episode after September 24
- From Amazon Unbox for $1.99 (available a day or so after initial broadcast - please always click on our page to order your download)
- Written by
- David Shore & Lawrence Kaplow
- Directed by
- David Straiton
- Maybe a week or two after last episode
- Patient of the Week:
- Apple, a math teacher who got a cornea transplant and all the other people who got transplants from the same donor are dying or have died.
- How House gets involved:
- The privacy invasion / ethical breach
- House hires a Private Investigator who not only spies on aspects of the case and Wilson but also changes a patient's medication.
- Preliminary diagnoses
- Nothing fits all of the donor recipients who have died. The organs they got weren't the organs that failed. And they failed in different ways. House says it is cancer but doesn't believe it even when the patient gets better on chemo.
- The final diagnosis
- Cancer stem cells that invaded the body and moved to another organ.
- Clinic Patient
- Additional Information
- House hires a private investigator who triggers House into his usual epiphany.
House (Hugh Laurie) and the team investigate a string of deaths where the victims all received organ donations from the same person in the HOUSE episode "Not Cancer" airing Tuesday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
©2008 FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Credit: Adam Taylor/FOX
- Additional Info on "Not Cancer":
Cast: Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House; Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy; Omar Epps as Dr. Eric Foreman; Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. James Wilson; Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron; Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase; Peter Jacobson as Dr. Chris Taub; Kal Penn as Dr. Lawrence Kutner; Olivia Wilde as Thirteen
Guest Cast: Guest Cast: Michael Weston as Lucas; Felicia Day as Apple; Tim Conlon as Dr. Laibson; Elaine Kagan as Belinda; Melissa Loprire as Girl; Christine Lucas as Emma; Denice Sealy as Nurse; Tyler Patton as Neurosurgeon; Eric Kaldor as Frank; Aimee Bell as Holly; Dennis Keiffer as Danny; David Buglione as Rico; Mark Beltzman as Tibalt Oyylant; Mike Gaines as Morgan; Jamine Alvarez as April; Bobbin Bergstrom as Nurse
- Quotes, Quotations, Dialog, Scenes:
- Lucas, the private investigator figures House out quickly even though House has been testing him by having him investigate people involved in the case. But Lucas knows that he really wants him to investigate Wilson, "You want to find out he's pining. You want to find out if there is something about him that will tell you he's going to come back. Or something you can use to make him come back."
"No. No, there's nothing. Sorry."
- Lucas tells House that He has joined Wilson's grief counseling thing and that Cameron, Foreman and Cuddy have visited and or called Wilson and that "Wilson's been reading meditation books and magazines about restoring barns."
But House really wants to know, "What did Wilson say about me."
"Oh, you've never come up."
"In the grief counseling or in the other—"
"Anywhere. I've got three bugs in his home and one in his car. If I didn't know you, I wouldn't even know you existed." He pauses and then reassures House who looks like he needs it. "Which is good news. Only two things you ignore: things that important and things you wish weren't important. And wishing never works."
House goes to Wilson and at the door tells him, "I need an epiphany. What are you billing out at? Three Hundred an hour? Here's four."
House T-shirts on sale 10/7/2008
No idea how long it will last
Click picture above for all House shirts
"There are other oncologists."
"Better oncologists. But I need you. Let me describe the symptoms, problems, issues, you say whatever you feel like saying until something triggers an idea in my head."
"That's not the way it works."
"You have a way of thinking about things.It's sloopy, it's undisciplined, it's not very linear. It compliments mine. It drives me down avenues that I wouldn't otherwise—"
"House, please go away."
House tries to continue discussing the case until Wilson tries to shut the door on him. Then he stops the door from closing and asks, "How are you?"
"Don't do this. Please. Please, don't do this. I'm trying to move on."
House isn't willing to give up and after asking some more, admits, "I paid a private investigator to spy on you."
"If you want to move on from me, you've got to deal with me, talk to me."
"You have no right."
"We're not friends anymore. There's no trust to be breached. I can have you followed, I can call you names, tell your secrets..."
"I have the right to walk away from you, House. There's a world beyond you. You need to realize that and even if you don't I'm moving on. The next time you knock, I'm not answering."